With scrawny 11.9-inch calves, I've been on a mission for years (decades!) to find the very best, most beautiful slim calf boots. There have been successes, but for whatever reason, what remain most elusive are the perfect riding boots for thin calves. Heels and wedges are challenging to find with a narrow shaft, but equestrian inspired? The toughest of all. In this blog I'll review riding boots with calf circumferences published, or reported anecdotally, at under 14 inches around. If your legs are like mine, maybe you'll find your dream boot here :)

Please note: Except where otherwise stated in the captions, all photos & text are copyright this "Howdy Slim" blog and cannot be used elsewhere without permission.

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale - Skinny Calf Finds 2018

Hello all!

Per tradition, I interrupt your summer to bring you the narrow-calf angle on Nordstrom Anniversary Sale boots.

To be honest, I'm not that thrilled with the three boot styles that Nordies' search engines deem narrow calf.  What I am excited about is the anniversary sale's inclusion of one of my past favorites, the La Canadienne Stefanie (pictured at left).

Unfortunately I don't have on-leg photos of this one, but a department store clerk brought it to me years ago, in the early days of this blog, and not only the shaft but the ankle fit like a dream.

This is one of those relatively rare times a label has kept a classic slim calf style in rotation over a long period of time. And I suspect they're still making it from the original pattern. From new "good bad reviews" on the Nordstrom website -- you know, complaints that the shaft is too tight -- I have reason to believe the store is listing the Stefanie's top circumference at about an inch larger than it actually is. But do comment & share your experience, if you get a chance to check this one out in person.

In leather or suede. Find it at:
Nordstrom, of course -- before the sale price expires!

3 comments:

  1. Mary, did you try a size 7.5 or 8? Whatever size you choose always seems to work for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Priya, I'm so sorry; just realized that for several *months* I've not been getting comments for moderation on my email. I'm pretty sure I tried a 7.5 in this one. Did you end up trying them?

      Delete
  2. Try Coach and Four at DSW, they have a 12” circumference, I was pleasantly surprised

    ReplyDelete